Awards and Recognition
We are proud to be nominated as the top finalists of "Matrimonial and Family Law Firm of the Year" and "Malaysia Law Firm of the Year" by ALB (Asian Legal Business) Law Awards 2017, 2018 and 2019. For Malaysia and South East Asia.
Our lawyers are the co-authors of the law text book with the title of Law and Practice of FAMILY LAW in Malaysia published by Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson Reuters.
Malaysia Divorce & Family Law
At Low & Partners, we recognize that family and relationship matters are sensitive and need to be handled delicately and privately. Dealing with a breakdown of a relationship can be stressful and difficult. Here at Low & Partners, we provide more than just personalized, practical and pragmatic solutions to our clients’ family and relationship problems – we also recognize the need to have empathy, patience and discretion in dealing with such delicate matters.
We can offer our legal assistance and representation in the following matters:
(i) Divorce Planning
(ii) Divorce Proceeding (Contested & Uncontested)
(iii) Custody of Children
(iv) Maintenance for Spouse & Children
(v) Division & Distribution of Matrimonial Property & Asset
(vi) Judicial Separation
(vii) Affair & Adultery
(viii) Foreigner's Divorce
(x) Mediation/ Settlement Agreements
The Best Advice in The Worst of Times
Relationship breakdown is difficult enough. Where it brings with it issues about children or money, guidance from an outstanding legal team can make all the difference.
To practice family law at the highest level takes more than mastery of the law itself. It needs judgement, empathy, discretion, common sens. It involves a commitment to putting the welfare of children above all, as well as an understanding of the most complex financial arrangements. It demands a deep understanding of how to build an agreement, and how to succeed in court when there is no agreement to be found. It needs a willingness to listen.
We will always give you clear, realistic advice. We tell you what you need to know, even if it is not what you want to hear. We listen to your concerns and priorities and help you find the solution that works best for you, however difficult the circumstances. We are on your side.
(Contested & Uncontested)
Custodianship of Children
Wife and Children Maintenance
Division of Property/ Assets
Affair & Adultery
NTV 7: Malaysia Divorce Law & Procedure for Non-Muslims
NTV 7: Malaysia Child Adoption Law, Procedure & Policy
Bernama TV: Malaysia Divorce Law & Procedure
Traxx FM: Divorce Rate in Malaysia & Who do we seek for help?
Melody FM: 父母离婚，孩子的抚养权归谁?
Melody FM: 离婚后，财产如何分配？
ai FM： 外籍伴侣与法律事宜，你知多少？
ai FM： 解决法律纠纷可以不上法庭吗？
- The Star: Increasing number of divorce cases ("Not all marriages are made in heaven") --- 8/1/2012 --- Part 1 / Part 2
- The Star: High divorce rates in the 3rd year of marriage ("Beaware of the three-year itch") --- 8/1/2012
- The Star: Knowing your rights before spilting up --- 9/11/2011
- News Straits Time: Prenuptial agreement (" I do, but do sign here first") --- 27/11/2011
- The Star: Prenuptial Agreement "Till prenup do us apart" --- 1/3/2012
- The Star: Domestic Violence "Threats and Tantrums add to the fear factor" --- 12/8/2012
- The Star: Adoption Law "Reading the law on trafficking" --- 3/3/2013
- The Star: Divorce for Elder Citizens "Going seperate ways... after 50" --- 31/3/2013
- The Star: Spousal Medical Consent "A consent form may not be binding" --- 24/11/2013
- The Star: Change of Child's Name "Parents turn to cyberspace for inspiration" --- 5/1/2014
- The Star: Law on Child Labour "It's not illegal" --- 18/10/2015
- The Star: Adultery as cause of Divorce --- 9/10/2016
- The Star: Children of Divorced Family --- 13/11/2016
- The Star: Can you afford to untie the knot? --- 1/1/2017
- The Star: Parental alienation leaves bitter taste --- 6/8/2017 --- Part 1 / Part 2
- Sin Chew: [The story of Aaron and Jessie] When a foreign marriage breaks down, What should you do?---26/09/2018
What Our Clients Say
My Children's Future
While separation is difficult and emotional, thank you Low & Partners for managing the entire procedure, ensuring my children’s future welfare is taken care of.
I was recommended by my friend who was divorced to contact Low & Partners. Never thought that it would happen to me too, but thanks to the professional legal team who advised on the entire process and always making sure that my rights and entitlements are protected.
My ex-Wife Maintenance
The legal team handling my file is professional, responsive and responsible.