Awards and Recognition
We are proud to be nominated as the top finalists of "Matrimonial and Family Law Firm of the Year" and "Malaysia Law Firm of the Year" by ALB (Asian Legal Business) Law Awards 2017, 2018 and 2019 for Malaysia and South East Asia.
Our lawyers are the co-authors of the law text book with the title of Law and Practice of FAMILY LAW in Malaysia published by Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson Reuters.
The Courts may order a man to pay maintenance to his former wife, not just after the finalization of a divorce, but also during the divorce proceedings. In making an order for wife maintenance, the Courts will consider a multitude of factors, such as the years of marriage, the wife’s status and standard of living during the marriage as well as her earning capacity.
The divorce team at Low & Partners have decades of experience in handling divorce cases and have a deep understanding of the factors at play. We ensure that our clients receive what they rightfully should as they move forward with their life post-divorce.
Both the parents have the duty to provide for the children. While the father is expected to take the main role to maintain the children, the court may also order a mother to contribute child maintenance if she has the financial means to do so. The Courts will consider the financial means of the parents, the needs of the child and the lifestyle of the family during the marriage.
Here at Low & Partners, our main priority is not just our client, but also their children. We will ensure that our clients and their children’s lives are financially supported as they move forward with their lives post-divorce.
Child Maintenance Calculator
The child maintenance calculator is for use in the Malaysia. You can use it, if you are married or divorced. An important feature of this calculator is that the results are clearly laid out so you and your co-parent can be assured of accuracy and transparency to aid discussions. And find out how much child maintenance you might pay or receive.
Malaysia Divorce & Family Law
(Contested & Uncontested)
Custodianship of Children
Division of Property/ Assets
Affair & Adultery
NTV 7: Malaysia Divorce Law & Procedure for Non-Muslims
NTV 7: Malaysia Child Adoption Law, Procedure & Policy
Bernama TV: Malaysia Divorce Law & Procedure
Traxx FM: Divorce Rate in Malaysia & Who do we seek for help?
Melody FM: 父母离婚，孩子的抚养权归谁?
Melody FM: 离婚后，财产如何分配？
ai FM： 外籍伴侣与法律事宜，你知多少？
ai FM： 解决法律纠纷可以不上法庭吗？
ai FM： 通奸是罪行吗？
ai FM： 婚姻纠纷
ai FM： 婚姻纠纷
- The Star: Increasing number of divorce cases ("Not all marriages are made in heaven") --- 8/1/2012 --- Part 1 / Part 2
- The Star: High divorce rates in the 3rd year of marriage ("Beaware of the three-year itch") --- 8/1/2012
- The Star: Knowing your rights before spilting up --- 9/11/2011
- News Straits Time: Prenuptial agreement (" I do, but do sign here first") --- 27/11/2011
- The Star: Prenuptial Agreement "Till prenup do us apart" --- 1/3/2012
- The Star: Domestic Violence "Threats and Tantrums add to the fear factor" --- 12/8/2012
- The Star: Adoption Law "Reading the law on trafficking" --- 3/3/2013
- The Star: Divorce for Elder Citizens "Going seperate ways... after 50" --- 31/3/2013
- The Star: Spousal Medical Consent "A consent form may not be binding" --- 24/11/2013
- The Star: Change of Child's Name "Parents turn to cyberspace for inspiration" --- 5/1/2014
- The Star: Law on Child Labour "It's not illegal" --- 18/10/2015
- The Star: Adultery as cause of Divorce --- 9/10/2016
- The Star: Children of Divorced Family --- 13/11/2016
- The Star: Can you afford to untie the knot? --- 1/1/2017
- The Star: Parental alienation leaves bitter taste --- 6/8/2017 --- Part 1 / Part 2
- Sin Chew: [The story of Aaron and Jessie] When a foreign marriage breaks down, What should you do?---26/09/2018
- The Star: Doing it right by law ---24/3/2019
- Sin Chew: 律师：若有单方面为孩子改教 可入禀要求宣判无效---15/01/2022
- Guang Ming: 再一宗單方面為孩子改教 律師：可入稟要求宣判無效---15/01/2022
- The Star: Court rejects Mais bid to reinstate unilateral conversion ---27/01/2022--- Click Here
- Sin Chew: 联邦法院维持上诉庭裁决-单方面为子女改教无效---27/01/2022--- Click Here
- Guang Ming: 法院驳回上诉申请-父为5孩子改教无效---27/01/2022--- Click Here
What Our Clients Say
My Children's Future
While separation is difficult and emotional, thank you Low & Partners for managing the entire procedure, ensuring my children’s future welfare is taken care of.
I was recommended by my friend who was divorced to contact Low & Partners. Never thought that it would happen to me too, but thanks to the professional legal team who advised on the entire process and always making sure that my rights and entitlements are protected.
My ex-Wife Maintenance
The legal team handling my file is professional, responsive and responsible.
Questions? We're here to help