Kenneth Tan obtained his Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Anglia in England in 1997. After that, he received his Certificate of Legal Practice from the Qualifying Board of Malaysia in 2000. He was called to the Malaysian Bar on the 11th of October 2001 after he had completed his pupillage under the Chambers of Mr. Kevin Gregory Danker. Kenneth Tan works primarily on contentious issues and has litigation experience in the High Court, Court of Appeal, and Federal Court. He has dealt with a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters, including contractual, tortuous, defamation, committal proceedings, and industrial disputes. Kenneth Tan's clients include local businesses, corporations, creditors and lenders, developers, and individuals.
The extensive practicing experience of more than 20 years has allowed Kenneth Tan to obtain quick judgments in favour of his clients. He is also very adept at reconciling and reaching out-of-court settlements in some instances.
Malaysia has plenty of lawyers. Kenneth Tan believes that the most distinguishing factor about him is that clients can trust him. He speaks the language of stability. He delivers predictable results based on his years of experience, and clients naturally trust his advice. He also has been called dependable, stable, and comforting. Most of his clients are clients for life.
His noteworthy representative matters include the followings:
- Advised an industry leading global brand activation agency for contractual agreements worth totalling RM50,000,000.00 for projects at World Expo 2015, Milan Italy and Expo Negaraku 2017, Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur;
- Acted for a marine services provider in a claim for breach of contract worth SGD550,000.00;
- Acted for a leading printing company in the Selangor for claims against the company directors for breaches of fiduciary and fidelity duties;
- acted for a community service volunteer’s claims for defamation in the sum of RM5,000,000.00 against a prominent Member of Parliament;
- Acted for a local talent agency director’s claims for defamation against a international fashion model;
- Acted for a developer cum land owner claims of RM2.5 million against the Land Administrator of Ulu Langat under the Land Acquisition Act 1960;
- Successfully defended a leading construction company for breach of terms of a construction agreement in sums in excess of RM20,000,000.00;
- Acted for the parties and contributed to the development of new case law in the following reported cases :
- Uniphoenix Corporation Berhad v Danaharta Urus Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 287;
- Uniphoenix Corporation Berhad v Oriental Bank Berhad  1 LNS 288;
- Seng Hup Corporation Bhd v Chan Chai Tiam  3 ILR 1039.