Awards and Recognition
We are proud to be nominated as the top finalists of "SE Asia Law Firm of the Year" and "Malaysia Law Firm of the Year" by ALB (Asian Legal Business) Law Awards 2018 and 2019.
Privacy and Cybersecurity
In today’s digital economy coupled with the widespread use of cloud storage and electronic payment systems, companies and businesses face new challenges in the collection, protection, use and disclosure of personal data in relation to their customers and employees.
Our team at Low & Partners advise a broad portfolio of clients from various industries in the applicable privacy and cybersecurity laws. We adopt a pragmatic approach and employ practical solutions to ensure our client’s businesses and companies are able to comply with the applicable laws in the most time- and cost-efficient way.
We cover an extensive list of matters relating to privacy and cybersecurity, such as:-
- Technology ownership, assignment, transfer and technical assistance
- IT contracts (tech development, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, software license, software distribution, service level, IT service)
- Intellectual property advisory and protection
- Multimedia, Internet and Telecommunications advisory
- PDPA compliance, audit and training
- Cross-border data transfer and privacy issues
- Licensing requirements under the Communications and Multimedia Act
- Electronic, digital and smart contracts
- Encryption issues
- E-commerce, online marketing and consumer protection
- Anti-competition issues
- Electronic money and Internet banking
- Cyber and IT security
- Digital content, new and converging media
- Entertainment, media and gaming
Malaysia Intellectual Property & Technology Law
Technology, Media & Tele-Communications
Cryptocurrency Fintech & Blockchain Technology