Loke Yuen Hong graduated from National University of Malaysia with a Bachelor of Laws in 2010. While pursuing his degree, he repeatedly made the Dean's List in various academic sessions. Upon his graduation, he commenced pupillage in Messrs Raja Darryl & Loh and was subsequently admitted and enrolled as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya. He was thereafter retained in Messrs Raja Darryl & Loh as an Associate, and later on was promoted as a Senior Associate.
Yuen Hong joined Messrs Low & Partners in 2016, bringing with him experience and expertise in various areas of law. Yuen Hong is now a partner in Messrs Low & Partners heading his own litigation practice.
Yuen Hong has experience in handling disputes involving various areas of law, including but not limited to:
In the course of his practice, Yuen Hong has:
- Debt Recovery matters
- Yuen Hong had represented and advised various multinational companies and listed companies in their debt recovery matters.
- Banking, commercial, and insolvency disputes
- Yuen Hong had represented and advised some of the largest banks in Malaysia in disputes involving commercial loan, syndicated loan, and bonds.
- Yuen Hong had also advised and represented companies and individuals on their commercial disputes and insolvency.
- Intellectual properties disputes
- Yuen Hong had advised and represented both listed companies and non-listed companies alike on intellectual properties dispute in various industries, such as the fashion, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Yuen Hong is also a Trade Mark agent registered with MYIPO.
- Land disputes, including land acquisition, land forfeiture, and forgery of transactional documents
- Yuen Hong had advised and represented one of the biggest will writing companies in Malaysia in a land forfeiture dispute against the land administrator
- Yuen Hong had advised and represented several land owners including a petrol company in land acquisition matters pertaining to LRT and MRT projects.
- Yuen Hong had also advised and represented clients who are involved in forgery of transactional documents disputes.
- Housing development and construction claims
- Yuen Hong had advised and represented hundreds of clients, including purchasers and contractors, in claiming for liquidated damages and other damages against no less than 10 different developers in Malaysia since joining Low & Partners.
- Apart from damages, one of the recent success story for the purchasers would be a successful revival of an abandoned project known as Axis Crown.
- Recently, Yuen Hong is advising and representing a purchasers association in their effort to obtain Certificate of Compliance and Completion and Strata Title.
- Defamation claims, especially defamation over social media
- With the advent of information technology and social media, defamation claims published over social media has become prevalent. Yuen Hong has advised and represented both the claimants and the respondents in various defamation disputes.
- Employment matters
- Yuen Hong has advised multinational companies on their retrenchment exercises.
- Yuen Hong has also represented both the claimants and the respondents in various industrial disputes.
- Claims on behalf of victims of scams
- Yuen Hong has advised and represented victims of scams and assisted in recovering their monies.
Yuen Hong has represented his clients in all levels of Courts in Malaysia, and was involved in several landmark cases.
The following are some of the reported cases of Yuen Hong:
- Andrew Lee Siew Ling v United Overseas Bank (M) Bhd  1 MLJ 449 (Federal Court)
- LB (Lian Bee) Confectionery Sdn Bhd v QAF Ltd  4 MLJ 20 (Federal Court)
- RHB Trustees Bhd v Oilfab Sdn Bhd & Anor  5 CLJ 402 (High Court)
- Kok Lok Kong & Anor v Chow Jack Seon & Anor  MLJU 1207 (High Court)
- Tetuan Fong Yap & Gan v HSB Development Sdn Bhd & Aiwina Heng Soong Yin  1 LNS 671 (High Court), a decision that Yuen Hong successfully overturned in the Court of Appeal
- Dominic Simon Brown & Ors v Crest Worldwide Resources Sdn Bhd  MLJU 300 (High Court), a decision that Yuen Hong successfully defended in the Court of Appeal
- Leong Kum Loon v Glomac Kristal Sdn Bhd  MLJU 778 (Court of Appeal), a decision that Yuen Hong successfully defended in the Federal Court during the leave application
- Sri Shamir Kumar Nandy v Crest Worldwide Resources Sdn Bhd and another summons  MLJU 1445 (High Court)
- Bukit Fraser Thermal Technology Sdn Bhd v SSP Supply Sdn Bhd  MLJU 1649 (High Court)
Yuen Hong is sensitive with numbers, and adds business acumen into his advice. His advice took into account commercial consideration and the commercial effect of the various legal positions. He also has an accounting qualification, having obtained his LCCI Diploma in Accounting in 2006.
Yuen Hong believes in practical and out of the box solutions in resolving his clients’ issues.
- Sin Chew : Closing down of True Fitness: Legal action needs to be taken immediately pg.1 & pg.2 --- 19/06/2017
- Sin Chew: Real Estate Traps - How to avoid buyer traps AFTER buying a home in Malaysia---09/12/2020--- Click Here
- Sin Chew: Real Estate Traps - Things you need to know before buying property in Malaysia---09/12/2020--- Click Here
- Sin Chew: Starting with love, second creation-works are not an infringement?---03/09/2020--- Image version | Webpage Version