Audrey Aw Yong graduated from the University of Sheffield with a Bachelor of Laws degree in 2014. She was called to the English Bar as a Barrister-at-law in 2015 and is a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn. Thereafter, she returned to Malaysia and was admitted and enrolled as an Advocated and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2016. During her chambering period, she handled a broad range of works in the areas of conveyancing transactions such as sale and purchase of properties, property financing (both conventional and Islamic) and corporate refinancing. She was also involved in corporate matters, mainly in drafting, vetting and finalizing commercial and corporate agreements.
Eager to strive for achievements, she later joined Messrs Low & Partners as an associate, where she embarks on her journey to be a great litigator. Her diverse and versatile backgrounds had given her specific advantage in the litigation department. During her times in Low & Partners, she has handled and assisted senior counsel in both civil and family matters from the filing of the action in all courts of first instance through to hearings, trials and appellate matters in the Appellate Court. Audrey is also conversant in English, Bahasa Malaysia, and Mandarin.
Audrey believes that it is not enough to have a great mind; the main thing is to use it well and live life to the fullest, to strike for the best with what you have. She frequently speaks at talks and writes articles for the firm’s blog to contribute and share her knowledge with the public.
- Acted as co-counsel in a corporate recovery claim for a medical company in Poland involving international transactions and principle on piercing through the corporate veil
- Acted as co-counsel to set aside a default judgment entered against a local restaurant due to a tenancy dispute
- Acted as co-counsel for a renowned online training start-up involving the existence of a contractual relationship between the parties and copyright issues
- Acted as co-counsel for an estate administration dispute regarding to the locus standi of the son of the deceased
- Provided legal opinion to a client on existence of a trust relationship and distribution of estate to the beneficiaries via Amanah Raya
- Assisted in employment disputes involving unfair and wrongful dismissal of an employee
- Represented a client in dealing with government authorities for cross-border transactions and provided legal opinions for shareholder disputes involving multiple companies from overseas
- Complex contested divorce matters involving issues such as adultery, division of matrimonial assets, custodianship of children, wife and children maintenance, injunction against bringing children out of jurisdiction as well as recovery of properties transferred
- Filling of interlocutory application such as discovery application, dispensation of tribunal proceedings, dispensation of service and ancillary relief in High Court
- Annulment of marriage
- Seeking for Declaration Order for foreign divorce matter
- Adoption of Children
- Provided legal opinion to a prominent financial institution for a complexed property transaction involving Islamic Banking principles such as Musharakah Mutanaqisah
- Liaising, corresponding, communicating, coordinating with external lawyer on a shares sale agreement for a property transaction worth 4 million in total