Wendy graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Leeds in 2018 and completed her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2019. She commenced her pupillage in 2020 and was thereafter admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2021. Throughout Wendy’s pupillage and in her early years of legal practice, apart from general litigation and will drafting, she was predominantly involved in her chosen area of interest, being corporate and commercial law. Wendy has led and handled various corporate matters, mainly in the drafting, reviewing and amending of a wide range of corporate and commercial agreements as well as in the conducting of legal due diligence. She has advised clients from different industries such as digital insurance, insurance brokers, personal care and beauty products, engineering, sports, Esports, and Fintech start-ups.
She subsequently begun her legal practice in Messrs. Low & Partners as an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial Division where she works under Ms. Fiona Fong. Wendy aims to hone her skills in this particular area of law.
Wendy believes that hard work and perseverance is the key to success, and that being a good lawyer means having the ability to offer pragmatic solutions to clients in the shortest period possible. She also believes that there is nothing a good cup of coffee cannot fix! Having developed her interest in music at a young age, Wendy is also outside of work, a certified pianist and violinist.
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” —Estée Lauder
- Acted for a government body by drafting a Sub-Lease cum Development Agreement for the redevelopment, operation, management and maintenance of a piece of government-owned land as a sports complex.
- Acted for a company in the oil and gas industry by drafting a Procurement Agreement to procure vendors, suppliers or contractors.
- Acted for a courier and shipping company of which currently has various stores nationwide by drafting a Master Licensing Agreement which encompasses four (4) different business models.
- Acted for a company operating a mobile application for the writing of digital wills by drafting agreements with emphasis being placed on inheritance of e-money, cryptocurrencies and digital tokens.
- Acted for an English professional football club by drafting a Licensing Agreement.